It's that time of year again. Soon many homes will fall silent as our children board buses and head back to school. The late-summer ritual of rekindling friendships with school mates and registering for classes are a right of passage for many families. Too often though, the excitement of these seasonal rituals distract us from another all too important back to school activity ... bus safety. Just like the annual trip to the mall to purchase those all important school supplies, the act of sitting down with the family to refresh bus safety tips should become part of your annual back to school activities.
We've researched some great bus safety tips for you and your family to review. A few are mentioned here with the remaining tips found on the Safe Kids Worldwide website. Please take a moment to review the tips and discuss all with your family. Be safe Northern Colorado!
- Walk with your kids to the bus stop and wait with them until it arrives.
- Tell kids to stand at least three giant steps back from the curb as the bus approaches.
- Board the bus one at a time.
- Teach kids to wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before getting off.
- Never to walk behind the bus.
Sources: Safe Kids Worldwide
*Photo courtesy of Safe Kids Worldwide
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.